How are you doing?
One of the best ways to bring self-care into your life is to check-in with the following five elements.
1. PHYSICAL - Are you getting enough sleep. Are you eating nutrient-rich fresh food? Are you exercising daily?
2. EMOTIONAL - Do you have outlets to process your feelings and emotions. Do you have a framework for self-reflection - journaling/therapy/friends you can confide in?
3. SPIRITUAL - Do you set aside time for regular meditation and contemplation. Do you attend retreats, seminars or courses in this context?
4. RELATIONAL - Do you cultivate deep connections with friends, family or loved ones? Are you building and nurturing community in your life?
5. ATTITUDINAL - Do you try to see things from other people's perspectives. Do you try to always see the positive side.
When we allow ourselves to reflect on these five elements of self-care, we learn to bring them into our daily routines, permitting ourselves to create a solid foundation for living a rich & meaningful life. One filled with purpose & meaning.
Start with working on one element one day at a time. Then focus on two elements for a few days, and so on...
Life is a journey. We are all working together to bring joy into our lives and into the lives of others.
Barb is married and lives in London, Ontario. She has two wonderful step-daughters and two amazing step-grand daughters. Barb enjoys travelling and seeks out UNESCO World Heritage destinations around the globe. The history, culture & people she encounters along the way inspires her optimistic attitude and outlook on life.